Solar power can be a powerful way of generating electricity in your home. It can lead to substantial cost savings over time and help reduce a great deal of greenhouse gas emissions that endanger the environment. At the same time a homeowner must be aware that this will be a significant investment whether you lease or purchase your equipment. The professionals with Global Efficient Energy want you to be as well informed as possible before you make the commitment to solar, so we would like to share information regarding some of the most important considerations you’ll need to take into account.
Points to Consider
There are a lot of factors that go into determining whether or not a solar power system will be right for you. As great as the technology has become this solution still may not be for everyone. Here are some of the questions you’ll need to ask yourself before moving forward:
- Does your local utility have a time-of-use electricity pricing system? If it does, then electricity will probably cost you much more at the same time of day that a solar power system would produce the most electricity in your home. In this instance converting to solar power will save a great deal of money.
- Will your utility enact a time-of-use system in the future?
- How old is your roof?
- Is your roof shaded by trees you don’t plan on trimming back or cutting down? Is it shaded by surrounding buildings?
- What kind of solar incentives are available?
- Do you plan on buying an electric car in the future? If so, this may use a great deal of the electricity that your solar panels generate.
- How much value to you place on the environmental benefits provided by solar power? These include reductions in water and air pollution.
As you can see, there are several factors that go into dciding if solar power is for you. That is why it’s imperative you first get a detailed consultation from your installer before making any decisions. Contact Global Efficient Energy online or call us at 1-888-826-7881 to schedule an appointment with one of our experts.