It is very likely that your electrical service panel is inadequate if your home was built before 1990. Because modern technology requires a great deal more power, you may be a good candidate for a breaker panel upgrade. This will not only increase the safety of you and your family members, it will also reduce a lot of frustration.
When You Need It
If you experience any of the following, you should have a professional perform a breaker panel upgrade as soon as possible.
- Your fuses or circuits constantly blow out or trip.
- Your lights flicker constantly.
- You have to turn off one appliance to power another. For example, you need to unplug the microwave in order to turn on the television.
- Your electrical appliances short out on a regular basis.
- Your present panel is rated for less than 200 amps.
- You see burn marks, rust or corrosion on your current panel.
- You are planning to add a major appliance to your home.
Breaker panels are designed to make sure that the electricity that flows through your home does so in the safest manner possible. They monitor how much electricity is coming into your home and trip when the regular amount of current is exceeded. While this is obviously crucial to helping you avoid electric shock, it can also be extremely annoying when it occurs frequently. That’s why you need to get in touch with an expert who can replace your existing panel with one designed to handle the loads of today’s power-hungry electronic appliances.
Put Some More Money in Your Pocket
A breaker panel upgrade can also help reduce your energy bills. If you have an outdated panel, it could easily send either too much or too little power to different areas of your home. Not only does this waste energy, obviously, it can also cause you to pay substantially more than you should. Get in touch with Global Efficient Energy and have us take a look at your panel to see if it needs to be replaced. Call us at 1-888-826-7881 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.